Thursday 20 June 2013

Essential Living ~ Aromatherapy Recipes for Health & Home





Anyone who knows me also know that I  absolutely love recipes. I have numerous cook books and when expecting company it is not unusual for me to "read" several of these books looking for the right recipe to please my guests.  When I received an offer to review a "recipe book", I was of course, overjoyed!


At this point it is important to tell you that this is a book of recipes like no other that I have seen or read. I am seriously hooked on this one.  Andrea Butje of the Aromahead Institute has put together  formulations for products that are necessary for Essential Living. The recipes and  simple,direct instructions will please you ..... and your guests!

Now if you are like me and are more familiar with recipes for cupcakes than , say, a soothing salt scrub  then you are in for a real treat!

*Aromatherapy is all about the therapeutic use of essential oils--highly aromatic substances that occur naturally in plants. Essential oils are made up of naturally occurring chemical  components that have all sorts of therapeutic properties.
Although surprisingly scientific, aromatherapy isn't a mystical, new age concept. It's grounded in science and chemistry.(Don't worry, you won't need to learn any chemistry to use aromatherapy in you everyday life.)*

This easy to follow,beautifully designed and  very well laid out book takes you step by step through an amazing variety of  recipes for you and  for every room in your home.


Do you want a clean and sanitized kitchen? There's a recipe for that. How about a sparkling deodorized bathroom? Now you can be in control and create your  own antifungal spray for bathroom surfaces.
The cleaning products are gentle, chemical-free alternatives to common household cleaning products. They are effective and safe, with ingredients you'll recognize without needing a chemistry degree...and-there's a recipe for that!

I decided  to try at least one of these recipes from Essential Living  ~Aromatherapy Recipes for Health & Home. It was a very difficult decision with so many great choices, but  I finally picked-
                                          Therapeutic Bath Salt for Sleep and Calm.

With a combination of Roman Chamomile essential oil, Lavender essential oil and natural unbleached bath salts in the appropriate amounts, I knew I was on the right track to  many luxurious baths.  As you only need about 1 ounce or 2 Tablespoons added to a tub full of water, this would last for a long time.

Personal note: I felt like Queen Nefertiti soaking in my tub with delicious scents  floating around me and flickering candle light the only illumination.  I am still not sure what it is about Lavender that is so  calming and relaxing but I have no doubt at all about its ability to do so.

Now, on to other recipes to make sure my home is clean, deodorized and natural. As I have many allergies, having natural products to do these tasks is important to me.

Want to find out more? Check out this link and you're on your way to  a happier, healthier and "greener" you!
 Purchase your own book and start enjoying YOUR Essential Living  today.
 I guarantee you will love the Pinterest Site  as well as Google+



* A direct quote from the book Essential Living*



4 comments:

  1. Lavender used to be a favourite scent of mine, sadly I lost my sense of smell some time ago and can no longer enjoy aromas, good or bad. I would love to be able to smell even skunk again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting. You are such a good cook and it must be difficult not to smell the food. Does this affect you sense of taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful book! I am always on the lookout for more environmentally friendly products and how great that you can make them yourself. I will definitely be checking this book out. Nice review, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input. I really enjoyed the work involved in doing this post.

      Delete