Sunday 23 June 2013

Biannual Bloggathon Bash. Wind up post June23/13

Biannual Blogathon Bash


It has been a crazy but exciting week-end best summed up with the latin phrase "tempus fugit"!
As I said in my kick-off post, this blogathon did not start off as I had planned so the one thing I've had going for me, at least in that respect, is continuity!!




On a more positive note, however, I have learned a lot of things that I did not know before. Let's take a look at my "to do" list and see how it went.

~ Attempt to clean up my site. I need to put the various posts in their appropriate "pages". I also need to find out if I "delete" them once they have been copied to their new home. I would think the answer is "yes", but want to check before making a big mistake.....Hmmm still need to work on this one.

~What is SEO and do I need it? ( I know there are posts on this form  the Blogathon site, but have not taken the time to really absorb it.... hence today!)       This was taken care of right off the bat with mini challenge #7 SEO Basics: Perfect About Page hosted by

~How do I prevent "anonymous" replies on my site.  With encouragement from one of the delightful replies to my post and some  in depth checking on my part, I think this is taken care of  at least I hope it is.

Keep plenty of water cooling in the fridge.

~ Obtain a prescription for my newly diagnosed SMAD ( Social Media Attention Deficit)    Hells bells, didn't have time to get to a Dr.'s apt, let alone get a 'script!!!LOL

~Take part in one or two twitter parties   and some mini challenges.   Managed to take in only 1 twitter party but completed three mini challanges , one successfully and two more to somewhat lesser degree. Learned from all of them though.

~ Last but definitely important.....have fun and learn something worthwhile about blogging!!     This one was also successfully completed.

Hmmm, you know that doesn't look so bad after all.   Maybe it was a more successful week-end that I thought.

(smiley face  from Tumblr - Google Images )     
At this point I want to thank all those who were involved in making the Biannual Blogathon Bash such an outstanding opportunity for all bloggers.... those with established blogs that are a source of income for families, those that are just starting out and everyone else in between who have taken the time to  connect to each other.
 Thank you to Kathleen Garber , who deserves special credit for tirelessly making herself available to answer questions and  organizing this event.

I for one will be going back to the mini challenges in the days and weeks ahead and trying ( hopefully with more success) to increase my "blogging brain".

Hope to see you again.


3 comments:


  1. Sorry Patricia, this post was so tiny I had trouble reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking forward to seeing how you did! I'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete