Monday 2 April 2012

A-Z Blogging Challenge - "B"


Hi. Happy to See You!

As a very young girl I lived with my paternal grandmother for three formative years. Being an enthusiastic teacher and lover of words,
she invariably had quotations written all over the house... literally. On the backs of cupboard doors, on calendars, napkins or wherever she happened to be.  With this in mind I am finding the authors, in alphabetical sequence, of many of her favorite quotations and am adding some of those that are special to my family as well.  Hope you enjoy!


               
   B -                Pearl S. Buck

Pearl Buck (1892-1973) was born in Hillsboro, West Virginia. She grew up in China, where her parents were missionaries, but was educated at Randolph-Macon Woman's College. After her graduation she returned to China and lived there until 1934 with the exception of a year spent at Cornell University, where she took an M.A. in 1926.  




There is an alchemy in sorrow. It can be transmuted into wisdom, which, if it does not bring joy, can yet bring happiness.

. 
 A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.









Buddha


The following quotation has  allowed me  to  regain my sense of wellness and not waste precious time with the negative aspects of life .Hope it works for you as well!



Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.





























9 comments:

  1. I really love this 'B' post. It's so true. Looking forward to reading more.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Kathy, there are a lot of life lessons to be learned by others experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love these quotes! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these quotes Pat, especially the Buddha quote, how true is that!
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a little confusing...but it will get better.

      Delete
  5. Didn't Pearl Buck also have a cil with a disability? I'm thinking yes, but not certain. I saw her pen a book that I once wanted to read because I teach kids with disabilities but the book went out of print.
    Great 'B' Word...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice - Buddah . I look forward to the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a wonderful theme! I love it! And your quote about anger is so true. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the anger quote. How true anger--and unforgiveness--only hurts the one holding on to the hurt.

    ReplyDelete